Wednesday, November 26, 2008

back in MY youth days

The other night, james, zanna, the boys, julia & missy & myself went to the ICE exhibit out at the Gaylord. Was fun. I dont have the pics here at work, so will have to add them later.
Anyways, get that many people in a car even for a short amount of time & who knows where the conversation will lead. James was outnumbered by the girls & kept turning up the radio up to make us quiet. I dont remember what song came on, but it reminded me of when I was 17 years old in younglife (the youth group i got saved in) We sang songs, had skits almost weekly & the leaders did crazy stunts to get more kids to come. for example, when i was a leader, if the jr high kids got over 100 people to show up they could choose what leader they wanted to swallow a live goldfish.... some of my kids knew i have a weak gag reflex, so those chose me. yea. :( was not fun, but i did it. Anyways... back to the point of this particular story. A song came on the radio, and it was a song we did in younglife. We never did real worship songs or anything. It was more of an icebreaker or something just to get us loosened up or something. We sang songs like "brown eyed girl" "old time rock & roll" "swing low sweet chariot" .. with hand signs too.... My favorite one we sang was in the "slow" catagory... and it was Bette Midler's "The Rose"...
Well... opened an email today... and came across THIS....


">

1 comment:

Marian Briscoe said...

aw! We sang stupid silly songs (with hand gestures) in my old youth group too!! Good times :-)